What is CourseWorks (Canvas)?
CourseWorks (Canvas) sites make it easy for instructors to communicate with their students, and to post their syllabus, course objectives, and textbooks. Courseworks (Canvas) is built on Canvas, which is a trusted, open-source learning management system that’s revolutionizing the way we educate. Through open, usable, cloud-based technologies, Canvas enables easy integration of the content, tools, and services that instructors need and students want.
Access CourseWorks (Canvas) courses here. Log in with your UNI.
How can you get started?
Introduction to CourseWorks (Canvas) Online is a self-paced training course that helps faculty, graduate students, staff, and other members of the Columbia teaching community learn about the various features offered by Canvas. It guides instructors through the steps of setting up their course site and highlights various features that enrich the learning experience for students. A flexible alternative to the CTL’s live training sessions, the course also provides opportunities to interact with peers and Canvas experts at the CTL.
Introduction to CourseWorks (Canvas) Online
Watch a quick introduction video to the course and get started.
How can the CTL support you?
- Schedule a consultation to discuss using Canvas for your course.
- Request a CoursWeorks (Canvas) training session for your department or group.
- Provide feedback about your Canvas experience.
- Schedule personal consultations or training sessions with the CTL Learning Designer assigned to your department. Find your Learning Designer Liaison here.
The Learning Commons in Butler Library Room 204 is also open for phone (212-854-9058) or walk-in support:
- Tuesdays: 9:00am – 1:00pm
- Wednesdays: 1:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thursdays: 1:00pm – 5:00pm