Columbia Wikispaces provides a wiki to every active registered course at Columbia University. A wiki is a collaborative tool that allows students to easily create, link, and modify one or more pages of course related materials. Wikis are collaborative in nature and facilitate community-building within a course.
Teaching with Wikispaces
Some common collaborative wiki projects include:
- Collaboratively-authored creative pieces or reports.
- Annotated bibliographies where students add summaries and critiques about course-related readings.
- Manuals or glossaries of useful terms or concepts related to the course, or even a guide to a major course concept
- Online repositories of course documents where instructors and students can post, comment or classify documents relevant to the course.
- E-portfolios of student work.
The CTL offers faculty and instructors many ways to get help with Wikispaces, including a searchable Knowledge Base and one-on-one consultations. Email ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu to set up a consultation.
View our most popular support articles in the knowledge base below, send us a question in the contact form or view all related articles.