This Week for Graduate Students: Develop and Showcase Your Teaching
Essentials of Teaching and Learning Workshop Series
The Essentials of Teaching and Learning workshop series offers new or developing graduate student instructors approaches to better facilitate student learning and improve teaching practices. Join us at these foundational workshops to deepen insight that you have started to develop at teaching orientations or in early teaching experiences. Sessions listed below are held online via Zoom. Each live session is accompanied by a 20-minute module in Canvas to be completed in advance.
Essentials workshops count towards completion of the Foundational Track of CTL’s Teaching Development Program (TDP) for graduate students.
- Inclusive Teaching: Creating Engaging Learning Environments: Wednesday, January 26, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Designing Learning Objectives: Wednesday, February 2, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Active Learning: Wednesday, February 9, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Assessment & Feedback: Wednesday, February 16, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
Register for the Teaching Development Program!
Are you a doctoral student looking for a way to document and showcase your teaching development? CTL’s Teaching Development Program (TDP) allows Columbia doctoral students to cultivate, document, and articulate their teaching development across the arc of their graduate school career.
Join us for informational sessions (on Zoom) to find out more about the TDP and get your questions answered.
- TDP info session (program overview, Foundational Track) – Friday, January 21, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- TDP info session (Advanced Track, digital teaching portfolios) – Friday, January 28, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm