What is CourseWorks (Canvas)?
CourseWorks (Canvas) sites make it easy for instructors to communicate with their students, and to post their syllabus, course objectives, and textbooks. Courseworks (Canvas) is built on Canvas, which is a trusted, open-source learning management system that’s revolutionizing the way we educate. Through open, usable, cloud-based technologies, Canvas enables easy integration of the content, tools, and services that instructors need and students want.
Access CourseWorks (Canvas) courses here. Log in with your UNI.
How can you get started?
Introduction to CourseWorks (Canvas) Online is a self-paced training course that helps faculty, graduate students, staff, and other members of the Columbia teaching community learn about the various features offered by Canvas. It guides instructors through the steps of setting up their course site and highlights various features that enrich the learning experience for students. A flexible alternative to the CTL’s live training sessions, the course also provides opportunities to interact with peers and Canvas experts at the CTL.
Introduction to CourseWorks (Canvas) Online
Watch a quick introduction video and enroll to access the course.
How can the CTL support you?
- Attend one of the CTL’s training workshops in Butler Library Room 204.
- Access a self-paced, online training course, a flexible alternative to the face-to-face workshops.
- Request learning designer support.
- Visit the CTL’s Knowledge Base to find support articles and other documentation for getting started.
- Email ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu to request a workshop for your department.
- Contact the CTL during walk-in and call-in office hours.