- 1 Dead Ideas in Teaching and Learning
- 2 Teaching in All Modalities
- 3 Teaching Development Program (TDP)
- 4 Anti-Racist Pedagogy in Action: First Steps
- 4.1 Get Help
- 4.2 This Week for Faculty: ✨ Innovations to Maximize Student Learning
- 4.3 This Week for Graduate Students: Info Session—CTL Fellowships you can apply for this summer
- 4.4 This Week for Graduate Students: Info Session—Open CTL Fellowships for 2022-23
- 4.5 This Week for Faculty: ☀️The CTL is here to help all summer!
- 4.6 This Week for Graduate Students: CTLgrads Summer Bookclub—Ungrading
- 4.7 This Week for Faculty: 🎧 Listen to your inner voice and your students to inform your future teaching
- 4.8 Thank-a-Prof Thank-a-TA
Welcome to the CTL’s podcast
The Teaching Development Program (TDP) allows Columbia doctoral students to cultivate, document, and reflect on teaching development across the arc of their graduate school career.
Classrooms serve as microcosms of the larger society, and the resources offered here, while focused on pedagogical practices, support broader commitments to anti-racist actions in higher education.
Get one-on-one support from CTL staff.
News & Features
As you plan ahead for Fall 2022, consider integrating Columbia-developed innovations into your teaching and your students’ learning.
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-23 cohort of the CTL’s Teaching Observation Fellows and Teaching Assessment Fellows. Join us for an info session to learn more about these programs.
We will soon begin accepting applications for the 2022-23 cohort of the CTL’s Teaching Observation Fellows and Teaching Assessment Fellows. Join us for an info session to learn more about these programs.
3 facets of teaching the CTL can assist you with this summer!
Grades are ubiquitous within education, but are they necessary? Join us every other week for summer Bookclub as we read Susan D. Blum’s Ungrading.
This Week for Faculty: 🎧 Listen to your inner voice and your students to inform your future teaching
The end of a semester is a great time to reflect back on teaching. Consider the questions here and reach out to the CTL as you plan ahead.
The CTL partners with faculty, graduate students, and colleagues across the institution to support excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
Voices of Hybrid and Online Teaching and Learning
Learn about the perspectives and experiences of teaching and learning during the pandemic.
Thank a professor or teaching assistant for their dedication in teaching and learning.