- 1 Teaching Online
- 2 Dead Ideas in Teaching and Learning
- 3 Teaching Development Program (TDP)
- 4 Anti-Racist Pedagogy in Action: First Steps
- 5 Tell your story. Learn from others.
- 5.1 Get Help
- 5.2 This Week for Graduate Students: Lead Teaching Fellowship: Last Day to Apply!
- 5.3 This Week for Faculty: Summer 2021 Institutes & Intensives
- 5.4 This Week for Graduate Students: Assessing Teaching and Learning Seminar
- 5.5 This Week for Faculty: Workshops to Get Ready for Summer A!
- 5.6 This Week for Graduate Students: How can we leverage what students already know? Join us on Wednesday!
- 5.7 This Week for Faculty: Resources to Inspire and Inform Your Teaching
- 5.8 Thank-a-Prof Thank-a-TA
CTL has created online resources and workshops to help instructors adapt to teaching in online and hybrid formats.
The Teaching Development Program (TDP) allows Columbia doctoral students to cultivate, document, and reflect on teaching development across the arc of their graduate school career.
Classrooms serve as microcosms of the larger society, and the resources offered here, while focused on pedagogical practices, support broader commitments to anti-racist actions in higher education.
Get remote one-on-one support from CTL staff.
News & Features
The Lead Teaching Fellowship is a professional development opportunity for doctoral students committed to promoting pedagogical practices among peers.
Summer 2021 Institutes and Intensives for Columbia faculty from the Center for Teaching and Learning.
The Assessing Teaching & Learning Seminar (ATLS) is an online seminar offered by the CTL to help participants develop approaches to assessing teaching methods and student learning in the classroom.
Join us for online synchronous sessions during the week of April 26-30 to prepare for the start of Summer A!
This Week for Graduate Students: How can we leverage what students already know? Join us on Wednesday!
In what ways can we leverage knowledge that students know (or think they know) in our classes? Join us Wednesday for Identifying and Engaging Students’ Prior Knowledge workshop.
In case you missed the live event, video recordings of the 2021 Celebration of Teaching and Learning Symposium panels are now available!
The CTL partners with faculty, graduate students, and colleagues across the institution to support excellence and innovation in teaching and learning.
Voices of Hybrid and Online Teaching and Learning
Share your perspectives and experiences of teaching and learning during this unprecedented academic year.
Thank a professor or teaching assistant for their dedication in teaching and learning.