This Week for Faculty: Fall 2021 Office of the Provost Faculty Orientation
Fall 2021 Office of the Provost Faculty Orientation
The Center for Teaching and Learning and Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement are pleased to invite Columbia faculty to enroll in the online Office of the Provost Faculty Orientation to welcome and acclimate you to the 2021 academic year. This virtual orientation program aims to complement your own school’s orientation activities by introducing a range of University resources and offices devoted to supporting your teaching and scholarship. The orientation is open to all Columbia faculty. It is especially useful for new or junior faculty.
Upcoming Workshops to Prepare for In-Person Teaching:
- Hybrid/HyFlex Teaching with All Learners in Mind: August 23, 10:00-11:30am
- Engaged Lecturing: August 23, 12:00-1:00pm
- Teaching with CourseWorks: August 24, 10:00-11:30am; August 27, 1:00-2:30pm
- Teaching in the Morningside eClassroom: August 24, 12:00-1:30pm
- Transition to In-Person Teaching: August 25: 12:00-1:00pm
- Ways to be More Inclusive In Your Course: August 25, 2:00-3:00pm
- Engaging Students in Discussion: August 26, 12:00-1:00pm
- Teaching Large Courses: August 26, 2:00-3:00pm
- Assessment and Grading with Columbia Tools: August 27, 10:00-11:30am
Schedule a consultation! The CTL is available to assist you as you get ready for Fall 2021! Schedule an in-person or virtual consultation to discuss your in-person teaching plans by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or join us for office hours via Zoom (or phone) Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm to have your teaching with instructional technology questions answered.