This Week for Graduate Students: Upcoming TDP Info Sessions, Essentials Workshops, Learning Community
Register for the Teaching Development Program
Are you a doctoral student looking for a way to document and showcase your teaching development? CTL’s Teaching Development Program (TDP) allows Columbia doctoral students to cultivate, document, and articulate their teaching development across the arc of their graduate school career – and get credit on their transcripts for doing so.
Join us for in-person informational sessions to find out more about the TDP and get your questions answered.
- TDP info session (program introduction and overview, Foundational Track questions): Friday, Sept. 9, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET, 203 Butler Library
- TDP info session (Advanced Track questions, digital teaching portfolio overview): Friday, Sept. 23, 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm ET, 212 Butler Library
Essentials of Teaching and Learning Workshops
The Essentials of Teaching and Learning workshop series offers new or developing graduate student instructors approaches to better facilitate student learning and improve teaching practices. Join us at these foundational workshops to deepen insights that you have started to develop at teaching orientations or in early teaching experiences. Sessions are listed below. Each live session is accompanied by a 20-minute module in Canvas to be completed in advance. Workshops are conducted in-person in Butler Library.
- Inclusive Teaching: Creating Engaging Learning Environments: Thursday, September 15, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Designing Learning Objectives: Thursday, September 22, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Active Learning: Thursday, September 29, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Assessment & Feedback: Thursday, October 6, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
CTLgrads Learning Community
CTLgrads Learning Communities are interdisciplinary conversations about teaching and learning topics, designed and co-facilitated by CTL Senior Lead Teaching Fellows and other select graduate students. By participating in these discussions of the teaching literature with other graduate student instructors, you will develop new frameworks to innovate your teaching.
Upcoming Learning Community:
Beyond Participation: Inclusive Perspectives on Student Engagement and Feedback with Senior Lead Teaching Fellows Tamara Hache (LAIC) and Laura DiNardo (Italian)
- Part 1: Wednesday, September 21, 11:40 AM – 12:25 PM ET; 212 Butler
- Part 2: Wednesday, September 28, 11:40 AM – 12:55 PM ET; 212 Butler