As of the Spring 2020 semester, the CourseWorks Gradebook has received a significant update, with a new look and modified functionality. This new Gradebook offers an enhanced way of entering grades and tracking students and their progress in CourseWorks.
Please watch the screencast below for a brief overview of the new Gradebook and the most important changes. This screencast will cover: entering grades, making grades visible to students, and submitting grades to Student Services Online (SSOL).
The following is a list of CTL-curated resources that can help further support you in using the Gradebook.
General CourseWorks Support
- Contact the CTL by email at ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu
- Contact the CTL by phone at 212-854-9058
- Drop by in person at 212 Butler
- Contact the Learning Designer assigned to your School or Department
- For technical issues contact CUIT at email@example.com
- Enroll in CTL’s self-paced Assessment and Grading Course. This course provides an in-depth overview of Assessment and Grading tools in CourseWorks, and how instructors can use such tools to create a more efficient and learner-centered course environment.
To learn more about entering grades, please visit the following support links at Instructure (CourseWorks’ parent company):
Displaying Grades to Students
To learn more about displaying grades to students, please visit the following support links at Instructure (CourseWorks’ parent company):
- How to select a grade posting policy
- How to post grades for an assignment
- How to hide grades for an assignment
Submitting Grades to SSOL
To learn more about Submitting Grades to SSOL, please visit the following Office of the University Registrar’s link:
Additional Gradebook Resources
To learn more about the Gradebook, the following are some additional resources from Instructure (CourseWorks’ parent company).
The CTL researches and experiments.
The Columbia Center for Teaching and Learning provides an array of resources and tools for instructional activities.