This Week for Faculty: Summer 2021 Offerings
Find community online, explore our online resources and courses, or request a consultation today through the CTL’s summer 2021 offerings.
Online Workshops This Week:
Join us for online synchronous sessions during the week of April 26-30 to prepare for the start of Summer A! Register through the links below.
- Teaching Online with CourseWorks: April 26, 2:00-3:30pm; April 29, 1:30-3:00pm
- Ways to be More Inclusive in Your Online Course: April 26, 12:00-1:00pm
- Hybrid & Online Teaching Institute Synchronous Session: April 27, 10:00-11:30am
- Planning Live Online Classes: April 27, 1:00-2:00pm
- Engaging Students in Online Discussions: April 28, 12:00-1:00pm
- Feedback for Learning: April 28, 3:00-4:00pm
- Assessment and Grading Online with Columbia Tools: April 29, 1:30-3:00pm
- Teaching Large Online Courses: April 30, 1:00-2:00pm
Consult with us!
The CTL is available all summer! Schedule a consultation to discuss your summer or fall teaching and course design by emailing ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu, or join us for office hours via Zoom (or phone) Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.
Check out the CTL’s Online Teaching resources including:
- Five Tips for Hybrid/HyFlex Teaching with All Learners in Mind
- Active Learning for Your Online Classroom: Five Strategies Using Zoom
- Engaged Lecturing: Five Tips for Planning Live Online Classes
- Seven Strategies for Success in Six-Week Immersive Courses
- Community Building in Online and Hybrid/HyFlex Courses
- Learning Through Synchronous and Asynchronous Discussion
Share your Spring 2021 teaching experiences!
What aspects of your courses did you adapt to support student learning? What are your take-aways from the experience of teaching an online or hybrid/HyFlex course in Spring 2021? What advice do you have for other instructors teaching hybrid/HyFlex or online courses?
Submit your voice to the Voices of Hybrid & Online Teaching and Learning initiative.