This Week for Graduate Students: Showcasing Your Teaching Development
Register for the Teaching Development Program!
Are you a doctoral student looking for a way to document and showcase your teaching development? CTL’s new Teaching Development Program (TDP) allows Columbia doctoral students to cultivate, document, and articulate their teaching development across the arc of their graduate school career.
Join us for online informational sessions to find out more about the TDP and get your questions answered.
- TDP info session (program overview, Foundational Track) – Friday, Sept. 10, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET
- TDP info session (Advanced Track, digital teaching portfolios) – Friday, Sept. 24, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm ET
Are you returning to in-person teaching on the Morningside campus but unsure how to support the well-being of students in your classroom? Join the CTL and Columbia Health on September 21st for a panel discussion about how to support students’ mental health through the transition to in-person learning.
Essentials of Teaching and Learning Workshop Series
The Essentials of Teaching and Learning workshop series offers new or developing graduate student instructors approaches to better facilitate student learning and improve teaching practices. Join us at these foundational workshops to deepen insight that you have started to develop at teaching orientations or in early teaching experiences. Each live session is accompanied by a 20-minute module in Canvas to be completed in advance. Participants can join either in-person or via Zoom.
- Inclusive Teaching: Creating Engaging Learning Environments: Thursday, September 16, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Designing Learning Objectives: Thursday, September 23, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Active Learning: Thursday, September 30, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM
- Assessment & Feedback: Thursday, October 7, 10:10 AM – 11:40 AM