Fall 2019 Faculty Offerings
Engage in our in-person offerings, explore our online resources and courses, and/or request a consultation today.
Accessibility in Teaching And Learning
How do you ensure that all materials in your courses are accessible to all students? These offerings provide an overview of accessibility in teaching and learning and opportunities to reflect on your practices.
Discussion-into-Practice: Accessibility in Teaching and Learning Conversations (Morningside Campus)
Looking for assistance in using Columbia’s Learning Management System effectively in your teaching and to support your students’ learning?
Introduction to CourseWorks (Canvas) Online Course
Assessment & Grading in CourseWorks (Canvas) Online Course
Introduction to CourseWorks (Canvas) Workshops
Morningside Campus, Butler Library 204
- Thursday, August 22, 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM
- Thursday, September 5, 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM
- Monday, September 16, 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM
- Wednesday, October 16, 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM
- Thursday, November 14, 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM
CUIMC Campus, Armory Track & Field Center
Looking to design or redesign a course? These offerings will introduce you to the basics of course design through a step-by-step process.
Course Design Essentials 6-hour intensive
- Tuesday, December 10, 10:00 AM-4:00 PM, Butler 212 (Morningside Campus)
Hybrid Course Design
Thinking of moving lecture and course materials online to free up in-class time for active learning? Interested in creating multimedia instructional materials for your courses? These offerings will get you started on the basics of blended learning and do-it-yourself media production.
Blended Learning Online Resource
Blended Learning Essentials Online Course
Interested in making your courses more inclusive of all Columbia learners? These offerings will provide you with practical strategies to implement in any course. Additionally, the CTL offers consultations on this topic as well as a Workshop To Go that can be requested by departments and schools.
Guide for Inclusive Teaching at Columbia Online Resource
Small Changes to Foster Inclusive Teaching 90-minute Workshop
- Tuesday, September 10, 12:15-1:45 PM, Butler 212 (Morningside Campus)
- Wednesday, September 11, 3:00-4:30 PM, Armory Track & Field (CUIMC Campus)
Faculty Learning Community on Inclusive Teaching Hybrid Cohort Offering
- Friday, September 27, 3:00-4:30 PM, Butler 203 (Morningside Campus)
Inclusive Teaching Intensive: Syllabus Design to Include All Students (3-hour Intensive)
- Wednesday, December 11, 10:00 AM-1:00 PM, Butler 212 (Morningside Campus)
New to Teaching at Columbia
The CTL welcomes new faculty to participate in an orientation that introduces them to the Columbia teaching community and offers practical, evidence-based strategies they can implement on the first day of class.
New Faculty Orientation to Teaching Online Course
New Orientation to Teaching at Columbia In-Person Offering
- Tuesday, August 27, 11:30-5:30 PM, Faculty House (Morningside Campus)
Save Time and Engage Learners
Interested in a particular pedagogical learning context? These 90-minute workshops provide the basics and help you reflect on ways to incorporate these practices into your teaching.
- Wednesday, September 18, 12:15-1:45, Butler 212 (Morningside Campus)
- Thursday, September 19, 3:00 PM-4:30 PM, Armory Track & Field (CUIMC Campus)
Learning Through Discussion
- Tuesday, September 24, 9:00-10:30 AM, Armory Track & Field (CUIMC Campus)
- Wednesday, September 25, 12:15-1:45 PM, Butler 212 (Morningside Campus)
Teaching Large Classes
- Tuesday, October 1, 3:00-4:30 PM, Armory Track & Field (CUIMC Campus)
- Wednesday, October 2, 12:15-1:45 PM, Butler 212 (Morningside Campus)
Unable to join or not seeing any offerings that meet your immediate teaching and learning needs? Request a consultation.
Meet one-on-one, speak over the phone, or via video-conference with the Faculty Programs and Services team to receive support on a range of teaching and learning topics. Email the CTL FPS Team at CTLfaculty@columbia.edu to request a consultation.
For consultations on digital pedagogies and the purposeful use of technologies, contact the CTL Learning Designer assigned to your department or school, or email the CTL at ColumbiaCTL@columbia.edu.
The CTL is here for faculty.
The Columbia Center for Teaching and Learning provides an array of support for faculty in both their work and their professional development.