Are you looking for feedback on teaching materials, course design, or educational grants? General teaching consultations offer faculty support with a CTL consultant who will review your materials and offer personalized, individualized feedback based on your goals. CTL consultants can offer support on a number of teaching-related topics, including:
- Course and curriculum design (e.g., syllabi review, active learning strategies, assignment design)
- Inclusive teaching strategies (e.g., establishing positive course climate, accessibility, setting clear course policies and expectations)
- Professional documents (i.e., teaching statements, diversity statements)
- Educational grants (e.g., Provost’s Office teaching and learning grants)
- Assessment and evaluation (e.g., development of rubrics, implementing strategies to assess student learning, assessing curricular innovations)
Please email us at CTLfaculty@columbia.edu to set up a time to meet with one of our consultants!
Instructional Technologies and Digital Pedagogies Consultations
Do you need assistance setting up your course in Canvas (CourseWorks), designing hybrid elements of a course, or creating an online course? Did you build a course in Canvas (CourseWorks) and you want expert feedback? Are you thinking about integrating a new form of technology in your classroom? Browse our directory of learning designers (organized by discipline) to contact your learning designer and set up an appointment.
In addition to individual appointments, faculty can receive immediate support on instructional technologies during consultation hours.
The CTL is here for faculty.
The Columbia Center for Teaching and Learning provides an array of support for faculty in both their work and their professional development.