This Week for Faculty: Tools to Engage Your Students in Their Learning
Explore Columbia-supported instructional technology tools that help engage your students in their learning.
The CTL offers assistance with CourseWorks, Poll Everywhere, Gradescope, Ed Discussion Annotation Tools, and more! Explore our related on-demand resources anytime, join us for live demo sessions and workshops, connect with a CTL Learning Designer during office hours or contact the Learning Designer assigned to your department or school to schedule a consultation.
Manage courses with CourseWorks
- Resources: Teaching with CourseWorks,
- Request a CourseWorks Workshop To Go: Invite the CTL to facilitate a session for your department, school or program.
Engage your students through live polling with Poll Everywhere
- Resource: PollEverywhere: Audience Response Systems
- Workshop: Engaging Students with Poll Everywhere. 30-minute demo session. August 23, 11:30am-12:00pm. Online.
Administer and grade assessments with Gradescope
- Resource: Creating Assignments and Grading Online with Gradescope
- Workshop: Intro to Gradescope: Grading and Feedback for Science & Engineering. 60-minute workshop. August 24, 1:00-2:00pm. Online.
Create space for online discussion with Ed Discussion
- Resource: Enhance your Course Discussion Boards for Learning: Three Strategies
- Workshop: Engaging Students with EdDiscussion. 30-minute demo session. August 28, 11:30am-12:00pm. Online.
Collaborative learning with annotation
- Resource: Leveraging Annotation Activities and Tools to Promote Collaborative Learning
- Workshop: Engaging Students with Collaborative Annotation Tools. 30-minute demo session. August 29, 11:30am-12:00pm. Online.
Quiz with confidence: QuizCon
The CTL is Here to Help All Summer!
Join us for office hours via Zoom (or phone) Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm to have your teaching with instructional technology questions answered.
Schedule an in-person or virtual consultation to discuss any teaching, learning, and mentoring needs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email the CTL Learning Designer assigned to your school or department.