Senior Leading Teaching Fellowship
About the Senior Lead Teaching Fellowship
Senior Lead Teaching Fellows (SLTFs) are returning LTFs who serve as mentors to assigned cohorts of incoming Lead Teaching Fellows, complete advanced teaching-related projects, and coordinate communication and outreach efforts. In 2016-17 academic year, six SLTs are mentoring an LTF cohort of 33. See the 2016-17 LTF directory for details.
Senior Lead Teaching Fellow eligibility and support
SLTFs earn stipends of $3000 over the academic year ($1500 per semester). To be eligible for the position of Senior Lead Teaching Fellows (SLTF), applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Successful and timely completion of all work in the Lead Teaching Fellow program
- General availability for on-campus meetings during the 2016-17 academic year
- Seventh or earlier year and good academic standing in a Columbia University doctoral program during the 2016-17 academic year.
Senior Lead Teaching Fellow activities
SLTFs serve as mentors to LTFs during the year, oversee LTF deliverables, lead sections in CTL’s new Reflective Teaching program, and co-facilitate learning communities. SLTFs are expected to devote approximately 40 hours per semester to the program. Specific 2016-17 STLF activities and deliverables consist of the following:
Lead Teaching Fellows mentorship and supervision (both semesters, 20 hours each semester)
- Planning meetings with CTL Assistant Director
- LTF meeting facilitation
- Mentoring LTFs during semester
- Overseeing LTF deliverables
- Coordinating LTF workshop visits
Leading a Reflective Teaching Certificate Track Discussion Session (one semester, 20 hours)
- Training and preparation
- Facilitation of five discussion sections
Co-facilitation of a Learning Community (one semester, 20 hours)
- Collaboration with another SLTF on the design and preparation for a CTLgrads learning community. Learning communities are organized around special topics in education and involve informal discussion of research or other related materials.
- Facilitation of learning community meetings (3-4 meetings in either the fall or spring term)
- Writing summative report
2017-18 Senior Lead Teaching Fellow applications
The application period for 2017-18 Senior Lead Teaching Fellows will run in late Spring 2017. Eligibility is restricted to former Lead Teaching Fellows. Please direct any questions about the application process to Dr. Alexia Ferracuti, email@example.com.